Thursday, July 18, 2013

Prossia Novel Leaving the Market

Yep. You heard me. My first and only published novel will no longer be available. No more Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or any other format will be gone from the web... 

Well, at least, for now. ^_^

All of this is being done as I prep up the republished version of the novel, along with the prequel that will shortly follow suit. See, if you're an author, you probably already understand this part, but for the rest of you good peeps, here's what happened. I self-published "Prossia" through what many like to call a "vanity press" (though I've never been a fan of the term, out of respect to all of the people busting their tales in such at such a company). Because of that, they own the rights to "Prossia's" ISBN #, or International Standard Book Number. That's the number you'll see on the back of a book. Think of it as a book's social security number. It follows a book wherever it goes.

Well, while I have obtained all of the rights to my novel (I read my agreement VERY thoroughly to make sure I would) I don't own the current ISBN. So, if I ever wanted t -- oh I dunno -- republish the book all on my own or sumthin' like that, I'd have to get my own ISBN# (which is something smart authors do anyway). But wait. Then, that would mean there would be two completely different versions of "Prossia" out there, with their own ISBN, right? (Grin) Well, now that I wrote a letter to the company providing press for my book, not anymore. Mu hu wah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

In all seriousness, though, Xlibris (the company I published through) has done a phenomenal amount of work for me. They want their authors to achieve their dreams, and they want to help those dreams become a reality. I've simply learned numerous aspects of the writing business throughout the past few years, and I do not feel I will require there services from here on out.

In the meantime, if you wanna be one of those folk that can brag about having the original book and the original cover, you better act fast. Otherwise, just wait 'til you see what I got going on in the future. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment