Friday, September 28, 2012

Prossia Prequel, Operation. . . Sand Gnat?



click on image to enlarge
No, no. That’s not what it’s going to be called.
Over the past two years, I keep getting asked if there is going to be a sequel to Prossia. For those that have read it, the ending would imply to such a hope. However, I wanted to see how successful my novel was going to be, so I decided to sit and wait if there was enough of a demand for another book. . .  annnnnd after attending a much needed writing seminar this year, let me be the first to admit that such a logic was a mistake. Another book should have been out last year! Hmm, I think I might need to cover that in my D3MW series. :P
Anyways, while I’m busy hacking away at my writing with other sci-fi stories like Operation Pirate Bee (announced last week), it’s only fair that I give something back in return for everyone having to wait too long, and it's coming in the form of a free prequel. I don’t have a title for it just yet, so I’m still calling the project Operation: Sand Gnat for the moment being. You all know how I love dubbing my books as Operations! ^_^
This novel is a prequel to Prossia, focusing on the upbringing of Aly and Catty. It will cover how these two developed such a friendship–and rivalry– along with dwelling into Goolian culture and why this race of people are the way they are. Oh, and you’ll also see how Aly’s people deal with her little. . . um. . . .situation (Spoilers from Prossia).
The manuscript is currently in its pre-editing stage and will be in the hands of an editor by the end of the year. I’ll continue to keep you updated on the progress of Sand Gnat from here on out. 
. . . 
"Sand Gnat." Time to brainstorm some better sounding titles. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment