Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My 2nd Blog Interview

Here's a big thanks to Mia Darien from MiaDarien.com for interviewing me about my writing! Darien is an author from New England, the apparent land of "fast talkers," according to her. She writes multiple genres, including free short stories on her site, so definitely check her out! Ah, and expect to read the interview she did with Prossia's Catty in the next couple of days as well!
................................................................................................

About the Writer
1. What five words describe you?
Hmm. Passionate. Hopeful. Impatient. Shy & Talkative at the same time. I know. Don’t ask me how the last two work. :P
2. What was the first story you ever wrote? I mean the really bad one we all have that you’re trying to hide in the back of closet now that you’re published?
Uhhh, I have no idea what you’re talking about (laughs nervously) >_>
3. What inspires you?
Life. There’s plenty of things to write about thanks to just living.
4. What distracts you?
That would be the fear of failing. I guess that might show my age, or maybe the lack thereof. :/ Sometimes I worry myself about not being successful so much to the point that I paralyze my creative juices. I’m getting a little better at ignoring such worries, though.
5. What’s your favorite story?
Oi, that’s a hard one. LOL! There’s so many great stories out there, it’s hard to pick a preference. Lemme see . . . I think I tend to lean more towards the redemption story. A hero’s fall from grace and making a dynamic comeback? Stories like that tend to peak my interest because they’re more real to me. Just like any human being, this sort of hero shows his/her imperfection by making some huge bumps in the road. However, circumstances lead them back to the side of right. I guess I’m just a romantic, in that sense. :P
* * *
About the Writing
Raphyel Jordan Cover Art
1. Tell us about your currently available titles.
The only title I currently have out is called “Prossia,” but I’m currently working on changing that as we speak. I intend on making “Prossia” a sci-fi coming of age series that shows the potential and responsibility that youth have due to their strengths while learning to overcome their weaknesses.
2. What’s your favorite part about writing these stories?
Creating the universe, as a whole, by far! I love being able to take people into worlds never seen before, to travel with creatures never envisioned, to cheer for individuals that are surprisingly relatable to them.
3. What would your characters say about you? Be honest!
LOL! Ho boy, I think I’ll pick some of the more popular ones:
Aly would probably say that I need to stop complaining about life so much and resist the inner doubts
Catty would say I’m cute because I tend to get energetic and lively when I’m with my buddies
Hmm, Cy and I probably wouldn’t get along too well because he would say that I’m too nice to people
Gruago and I would probably get along just fine because we could have hours-long conversations about astronomy, technology, different governments and cultures, and most importantly, the must-have video game to get this holiday season. :P
4. Who would play your favorite character if they made a movie of their story?
I did base one of my characters off an actor, but I don’t think he’d necessarily be my favorite character all-in-all. Beyond that, I’m not trying to think of movie stuff. I just wanna share my book with readers.
5. Do you have any projects currently in the works you want to talk about?
Ooooooh, spoiler time. I’m working on two Prossia-related projects. It took me longer than it should have in giving “Prossia” readers the next installment (and for that, I sincerely apologize to everyone), which is why I’m working on two stories at the same time. One will be free when it comes out, actually.
The first one is going to be a prequel to “Prossia” and the next one will be the direct sequel to the original book. I’m really hoping to have the prequel out by next year. The prequel is already getting prepped up for an editor.
* * *
Raphyel, thank you for joining us today, and good luck with your writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment